Alternate title: How to Make and Cook Real Scrambled Eggs and Omelets Without the Mess - Yes, a microwave is used, but that's just the start.
|This is a nice, pretty, USDA stock photo. Forget that.|
I throw in cheese, precooked meat, and whatever else I think I might like.
And the serving portion is considerably larger.
Let's face it. When it comes to cooking and eating scrambled eggs, it creates a royal mess to clean up. But scrambled eggs are so delicious... This recipe completely gets rid of that problem. Perfect for singles, college students in dorms, etc.
1. Paper PlatesPlace a paper plate face-up on top of a microwavable bowl. Push the paper plate into the bowl so that it conforms to the shape of the bowl. When doing so you will notice the paper plate forms vertical crimps along the edges of the plate. This is a good thing. Go ahead and pinch and push those crimps flat against the side of the bowl and pushing the plate into the bowl until you have a nice, proper, stable fit. If plate isn't perfectly flat against the bowl, that's OK. The weight of the eggs will finish the job.
2. Butter and EggsPlace a small pat of butter on the paper plate. Microwave for 20-30 seconds. Smear the butter all around. This will keep the scrambled eggs from sticking to the paper plate. Crack open two or three eggs against the side of the sink and empty the contents into the paper plate which is in the bowl.
3. Scramble ItMash and stir the eggs with a fork until it is a a nice, mostly even mixture. Do slowly so as to avoid spilling and splattering. Takes less than a minute.
4. Add Other IngredientsHere's the optional fun part. This is where you add and mix in your other favorite foods to it. The primary favorite is bits and pieces of as much cheese as you want; stir it all together. The second usual favorite is meat that has already been cooked; bits and pieces lunch meat, a cut-up hot dog, etc. Other things you can add to scrambled eggs include:
- Pieces of Cooked Ham
- Cut-up Cooked Sausage
- Crumbled up Bacon or Bacon bits.
- Crumbled up Cooked Hamburger
- Bits and Pieces of Cooked Chicken
- Most varieties of Cheese
- Onion and Green Onion bits
- Salt or Garlic Salt
- Sliced Olives
- Green Peppers
- Pieces of Tomato
- Various diced vegetables are not unheard of
- Pretty much any other food you think you would like