|Reasons People Divorce|
Here is a list of things that couples have said can cause divorce. In some cases, solutions are possible.
- One party too involved in their career or working too much. Emotional neglect.
- Different views on religion or politics. At the beginning of a marriage, both parties don’t think it’s a big deal. But over time, the disagreements become cumulative and can move to the forefront.
- Failure to communicate. One person or the other fails to tell the other of a concern that is on their mind. Instead they just let the “issue” build up. In time, the emotion becomes out of proportion to the actual concern.
- Failure to communicate. A misunderstanding develops that neither party realizes until it is too late.
- Lack of trust developing over time. Caused by the other items listed here.
- Money. Lack of money induces a never ending stress. Over time, blame issues may develop.
- Marrying someone who has habits you don’t like in the belief that you can change them.
- Failure to be open and honest. Though this includes lying, it also includes failure to volunteer important information.
- An unwillingness to compromise.
- Marriages that begin for reasons other than love.
- The mutual awareness that external factors can cause stress.
- The mutual awareness of lack of communication.
- The mutual awareness of unintentional neglect.