|Cleaning uses for vinegar.|
The chemical name for vinegar is diluted acetic acid. As a mild acid it chemically reacts with many other compounds. The result is the removal of those compounds from places we want them removed, otherwise known as cleaning.
List of Vinegar Cleaning Uses
- Do NOT use for TV’s, computer monitors, etc.
- Shower heads
- Kitchen counter tops
- Coffee pots
- Tea kettles
- Wood floors (I’d test this on on a small spot first)
- Toilet bowls
|Cleaning and other uses for baking soda.|
The chemical name for baking soda is sodium bicarbonate. As a mild, generally non-chemically-reactive abrasive, it can be used accordingly. It also absorbs odors.
List of Baking Soda Cleaning Uses
- Teeth brightening
- Absorbs and neutralizes heartburn acid
- Putting box in refrigerator to absorb odors
- Mixing into litter box absorbs odors
- Keeping drains fresh
- Removing grease from stove
- Laundry spot cleaning
- Adding to laundry as brightener
- Sprinkling over carpets some time before vacuuming
- Other cleaning uses might be listed right on the box
- And then naturally there’s the cooking thing.
I hope the above lists and information proves useful for folks.